Mileage: 57
From: Missoula, MT
To: 3.5 mi S of Hamilton, MT
This morning Glenn took us to breakfast at “Café on Higgins.” I had delicious all-organic “Veggie Browns." It was nice to hang out with the –en’s, because we didn’t get to see them much last night. Glenn rode with us and J/R met us there. (Although Rhen was really upset because she wanted to ride her little princess bike with training wheels with us).
We had our picture taken at Adventure Cycling, used their floor pumps, drank cold water, ate some icecream, took some stickers, and Lauren and I got free year membership vouchers. We also got Lauren a new chain ring and picked up my Rx at the Bike Doctor, where we had the package shipped. I bought some Perl Izumi shorts at another store and dad got a new helmet, because his died. I found that I was NEVER wearing my cheap Performance brand shorts, and was wearing my amazing expensive Gore shorts everyday. I needed another pair of nice shorts.
We did so much in the way of errands and grocery shopping that we didn’t hit the road until pretty late. We didn’t get out of Missoula until after lunch. Oh, and road signs lie. It kills when they’re off by 10 miles, and this is the second time within 3 days that happened.
We’re staying at the Angler’s Roost RV park.
The three of us at Adventure Cycling. A similar polaroid picture went up on their wall, along with all the other touring cyclists.
No comments:
Post a Comment