Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 14


Mileage: 48
From: Brown Lee Dam, ID
To: Council, ID


Today was nice and sort of uneventful, or else I’m just too lazy to remember/write much. Dad had a lot of flats, and it took a lot of time fixing them all. We leapfrogged with Greg all day, and it was nice to hang out with him. Greg stayed in Cambridge (the town before Council).

We ate at One Eyed Jacks, a pizza joint in Council, for dinner. Lauren started talking to a nice couple while she was filling up her drink at the fountain, hoping to figure out a good whitewater rafting company in Riggins. When they found out we were heading to Riggins, they said they had a house there, and they offered for us to sleep in their orchard and to feed us some “beer-butt chicken.” We aren’t sure we’ll find their house, but we thanked them for the advice/invite.

Oh, and we talked to Tandem USA (Lisa & Anna), and we’re planning on rafting with them in Riggins on Tuesday.

I should get to sleep, because we lost an hour when we crossed into Idaho. Not only that, but now there is also sales tax. Boo, sales tax. There are a couple of young TransAm guys sharing our park campsite, and they let us use their floor pump! Makes life easier for dad, because our little frame pump is really a lot of work.

1 comment:

Eric Schraufnagel said...

Hi! This is Eric, one of the two trans-am guys camping in the same city park in Council, ID. I found your site through the Adventure Cycling website. Glad to hear you guys made it to the East coast! I remember that amazing pizza joint, One Eyed Jacks, probably the best pizza I had on the entire trip!

Glad to hear you guys made it to the East coast safely! Doesn't it feel weird not to bike everyday? I kept a blog as well (www.biketrip.snizville.com), check it out! Take care.

Eric