A cross-country bike tour from Newport, OR to Yorktown, VA
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Last Updated 2/10/08
I'm still working on getting all of my paper journal typed up and posted here. Keep checking back! :-)
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Just wanted you to know I'm enjoying reading your journal. We are planning on starting our cross country journey from Newport, OR in Aug. 2010. Your insights are helpful & getting me excited. Thank you!
I have enjoyed reading of your adventure. I was particularity interested in the number of broken spokes and wheel issues you had. Your writing helped me decide on what type of touring bike I should get and what wheel specifications to ask for. Me + bike + weekend gear go about 325 lbs > What i was able to get ,from bikes direct was a Gran Turismo with Vuelta tourist wheels (XRP) wheels. At my age i never expect to ride across the country. Your account has helped me understand the difficulties and pleasured of open road riding
At the time of this trip, I had just graduated from Bucknell University with a dual degree in physics and math and was about to begin a graduate program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at Princeton University. I am originally from Baltimore, MD, and my hobbies include biking (obviously), hiking, camping, sailing, being outside in general, playing violin, and baking.
3 comments:
Just wanted you to know I'm enjoying reading your journal. We are planning on starting our cross country journey from Newport, OR in Aug. 2010. Your insights are helpful & getting me excited. Thank you!
Oh, thank you! I guess I should finish typing up the old logs at some point...
How big is your group? Hope you have a great time. I'm very jealous, enjoy it!
I have enjoyed reading of your adventure. I was particularity interested in the number of broken spokes and wheel issues you had. Your writing helped me decide on what type of touring bike I should get and what wheel specifications to ask for. Me + bike + weekend gear go about 325 lbs > What i was able to get ,from bikes direct was a Gran Turismo with Vuelta tourist wheels (XRP) wheels. At my age i never expect to ride across the country. Your account has helped me understand the difficulties and pleasured of open road riding
Post a Comment